Education is a major catalyst for human development. Education equips people with the knowledge and skills they need to expand employment opportunities. We in the Lopez Group share this vision and strongly believe that by advocating Education through media, the Filipino will gain the confidence to be able to pursue their dreams in life.
This is supporting Education, The Lopez Way.
More Public Schools in Rizal Receive the Gift of Knowledge
Eleven public schools in the province of Rizal are now connected to Knowledge Channel thanks to the kind hearts of the Morong High School Alumni Association Inc. (MHSAAI) and Knowledge Channel Foundation Inc. (KCFI) These schools, in need of multimedia learning resources, are located in the islands of Binangonan and Cardona, and in the mountains and hills of Morong, Teresa, Baras, Tanay and Jalajala.
Each school received a Gift of Knowledge Package which included a 40-inch LED TV, an ABS-CBN TV Plus box, and a Knowledge Channel Portable Media Library (external hard drive) loaded with more than 1,000 curriculum-based videos, games, session guides and other learning materials.
MHSAAI and KCFI also provided a one-day training on Learning with Technology to the school heads and teachers of recipient schools.
Gift of Knowledge Recipient Schools (Donated by MHSAAI and KCFI)
- Limbon Elementary School (Binangonan)
- Talim Elementary School (Talim Island, Binangonan)
- Banaba Elementary School (Talim Island, Cardona)
- Navotas Elementary School (Talim Island, Cardona)
- Talaga Elementary School (Morong)
- Yapak Elementary School (Morong)
- Roman Tantiongco Memorial Elementary School (Morong)
- Pantay Elementary School (Teresa)
- San Roque Elementary School (Baras)
- Madilaydilay Elementary School (Tanay)
- Palaypalay Elementary School (Jalajala)
- Studies have shown that Knowledge Channel learning resources (educational videos, games and session guides) have been helping students to learn best as evidenced by improved achievement scores, while its accompanying teacher training program has also been transforming teachers to be better facilitators of learning.
Edric C. Calma, MHSAAI President and KCFI Director of Operations said, "this project follows what both KCFI and MHSAAI have been advocating and working hard to accomplish: help prepare the young children for the 21st century by providing them with access to relevant and effective curriculum-based multimedia learning resources and by training their teachers on the best possible teaching strategies so that they (teachers) could be able help unleash the vast potentials of their young learners."
Since 2016, MHSAAI has been actively collaborating with KCFI and the Department of Education - Division of Rizal. Both MHSAAI Northern California and Southern California chapters have provided Knowledge Channel access and teacher training to beneficiary public schools in Rizal.