The Lopez Group has historically devoted a large part of its resources and gains to working with its communities of Filipino families wherever they are.
Companies that involve themselves in the life of communities show their acceptance that a business must continually renew its “social license” to operate. If a business that fails to recognize this may still run profitably for some time, but when differences come between them and their stakeholders, they may realize that a supportive community is their company’s best assurance of continuity.
Strategic Philanthropy, The Lopez Way.
The Phil-Asia Assistance Foundation, Inc. presents "Right-Footed"
Phil-Asia Assistance Foundation, Inc. (“PAAFI”) will be holding a fund-raising special screening of “Right Footed”. The film is a multi-awarded documentary on the life of Filipina American, Jessica Cox, who despite being born without arms, never let her disability get in the way of becoming a pilot, martial artist, motivational speaker, and disabilities rights activist.
The documentary has received the following international awards:
- Best Documentary Film Mirabile Dictu Film Festival, Rome
- Best Social Action Film 2015, Hollywood Film Festival
- Best Documentary Film, International Film Festival Manhattan
- Best Documentary Film, Offshoot Film Festival
- Best Documentary Film, Beloit International Film Festival
- Best Documentary Film, Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival
- Best Documentary Film, Big River Film Festival
- Platinum Award, Spotlight Documentary Film Awards
- Audience Award, Awareness Film Festival
- Audience Award, Atlanta Docu Fest
- Audience Award, The Loft Film Festival
- Audience Award, Kansas International Film Festival
- Audience Award, Newburypost Documentary Film Festival
- Audience Award, Beloit International Film Festival
- Audience Award, MOSTRA American Films in Brazil
- Representing the USA in the American Film Showcase
The funds that will be generated from said screening will be used by PAAFI to give educational assistance to underprivileged children.